Wednesday, April 4, 2012

2nd Trimester!

I have a confession to make. Several weeks ago I did a post called "Vintage Shopping In Louisville" and I posted these goofy pictures.
The reason I am holding up my fingers like that is because these were intended to be maternity photos. I had the idea to do a photo a month which is not uncommon, but I wanted each month to be represented in the photo by the colors or scenery. For example the first month of pregnancy was in January. Brrrr.

The second month was February, so I had my sweetheart take this photo on Valentine's day.



The third month was March, which was SJ's green egg's and ham party and St. Patrick's day. This was also the first month you can start to see a little bump in the making.


I wish I had a photo of what I look like now. In certain clothes I don't look preggo whatsoever, but when I wear my comfy tshirts you can see them stretch just below the belly button where they normally would lay flat. Or at the end of the day between bloating and good eatin' I can look like I'm six months along. Now that I am in my second trimester, and should start gaining a pound or two a week, I am ready to pull out the maternity clothes.

I'm excited about the 2nd trimester. The first one has really flown by. In the past three months we had a surprise positive test, our first sonogram, the announcement, the first time hearing the heart beat and it's been such an amazing experience. It hasn't all been stress free, but my pregnancy hormones have been acting like happy endorphins. I can get moody (and have some stories to prove it) but for the most part I feel about as cheerful as Buddy the Elf.
Maybe I am just making up for this past Christmas when I compared myself to Ebeneezer Scrooge or the Grinch. It feels good to feel good.

2 comments:

Hannah Lewiston said...

i was wondering why you were holding up your finger(s) in those pics... i knew you were pregnant, i guess i'm not too sharp!
can't wait to see your baby bump at the wedding!!! we'll have to get a pic together! :)

{amy} said...

Shows how observant I am ~ I didn't even notice the fingers in that post! I don't know if I knew yet or not. Cute idea! :)