Thursday, May 3, 2012

Butterflies and Horses

We just got back from our first trip to Texas. We've made the trip from Texas to Kentucky and back dozens of times, but this is the first time Texas was the destination. The main purpose of the trip was a wedding that I was photographing and J was officiating. I was a little leery of the timing once we got SJ's diagnosis. I figured I would be distracted and unable to relax. In fact we had to cut  the trip a little short just to make it back in time for her hearing screening (which is tomorrow). In the end though having two weeks of vacation just visiting with friends and family was exactly what I needed. We spent a lot of time at my in laws "farm" where I thoroughly enjoyed lounging by the pool everyday and reading the Hunger Games. For the record, I had absolutely no intentions of getting involved in any of that hunger hype, but my sister in law stuck the first book in my hand and by the time I left I was into book 3. One of the most refreshing aspects of the land out there is being surrounded by vast open countryside speckled with colorful flowers, a menagerie of butterflies, and the family horses. 



They did not hesitate to use my pregnant belly as a landing strip. 




The entire visit was such a blessing. Tomorrow will be a big day for us. I don't plan on getting any results until Thursday, but even with as much as I try to trick myself into focusing on next week I still get very nervous about tomorrow. It's hard to believe in 24 hours we will be on our way to the hospital, in the meantime I am praying for peace. 

2 comments:

{amy} said...

I'm glad you had a refreshing trip rather than a distracted, stressful one! Praying for y'all!

Becky said...

Bless her and bless you all! I know it is not the journey you thought you were taking but she will thrive in spite of it. Hang in there Mama.