Thursday, June 20, 2013

Apartment Courtship


If you haven't read about our search for an apartment you can check it out here

I wanted apartment #1. It was attractive and inviting. I really thought we had made a connection, but in the end it wasn’t meant to be. It felt like a failed courtship. The truth is after submitting an application along with multiple phone calls and emails we were rarely able to get through to anybody. It felt like J and I were doing more on our end than they were. It was the "it's not you it's me" treatment. I got all the lines like "sorry this just happened to be really poor timing. Can you call me back at lunch" (and then getting his voicemail at lunch). And after a week of not getting a straight answer we decided it was time to move on. So we went with our second choice. In going with my boyfriend break up analogy think of apartment #1 as the popular guy and apartment # 2 as the reliable friend. 

Basically like all good chick flicks it boiled down to the one that was there for us and actually returned our phone calls. So this week we signed for apartment #2 and we get the keys on Monday. So we are moving to Milford Ohio. The apartment is on the third floor and it will be 5 of us in what is barely a 3 bedroom 1 bath. It's going to be a lot of stairs and a tight squeeze. Go ahead, you can pity us, but on the bright side we are going to be so close to both of the kid's schools and it's a really nice area. Every single staff member from the apartment and the schools have made a deposit into my I Love Milford Account. 

Of course J and I want to be home owners again (more than anything), but for the next year we will at least have a home of our own, and that's a good start.  

4 comments:

nancy from ky said...

Yay, I can't wait to see it.

TracyL26 said...

Your positive attitude is amazing :). Thank you for being such a good example of trusting God and being joyful in all circumstances. That is a rare quality :)

{amy} said...

I'm glad you have found a place, even though it wasn't your first choice. And I'm glad it's close to the kids' schools!

ronda bailey said...

Very excited for you guys! Love and miss you!