Friday, January 17, 2014

Are These Two Brothers?

From the moment Ezie was born he reminded me of his big brother Z. He was a little smaller and he has his own personality no doubt, but I couldn't help but have flash backs of my life 5 years before. As he grew, he changed, and his eyes were so blue and everyone thought he looked like J. So I thought, Hmm, I guess he won't look like his brother after all. That stage didn't last though. For the past 5 months J and I can't help but be amazed at how much Ezie reminds us of Z at that age! So I got out the photo albums yesterday, and I apologize because the first two photos of Z are just a picture of a picture taken on my phone, so they aren't the best quality. 

Z at one week and Ezie at two weeks.

Z and Ezie on their birthdays

Z at 15 months and Ezie a couple days ago (15 months)

Now, I understand all babies look alike to a degree. I also realize you can take pictures of someone making the same face angled the exact way and find similarities, that is NOT what I did here. These are  just pics that I pulled together and was SHOCKED when I put them side by side. I could show you dozens more. Seriously! These brothers have their own unique ways about them and they are not identical, but still, I just can't get over the resemblance. Ezie eyes are totally a different color than Z. Also, Z had a lazy eye. The above photo of him is one of the last ones where he doesn't have glasses. So even though glasses don't change the structure of your face they do change the way you appear. From this point on the side by side photos will be a little easier to distinguish whose who for that reason if nothing else. 

Maybe they'll change more and look nothing alike. Or maybe when they are grown Z will have contacts and  people will get them confused all the time. Only time will tell. Either way they are both adorable. I love my boys! 

May 2013. Z- 5 years old, Ezie- 7 months.

5 comments:

Zion said...

You should definitely click on the pictures to get the full affect. They show up pretty small on the screen.

Hannah L. said...

whoah, those first two sets of photos are uncanny!!! what I can't get over, though, is that *I* think Z looks like you and Ez looks like J. I have no idea how that works, but it's what I see. :)

Benjamin said...

That is awesome! I've seen this with my sisters and mom and grandma but not with siblings before. And I agree with Hannah, Z looks like you and Ez looks like J. Stared at the pics for a good 15 minutes and I can't figure out what the differences are.

mels said...

I think the difference may be their chins? As funny as that sounds, I think their face shapes are different because of it. I did think Ezra looked like J, but for some reason he reminds me of your brother...sorry J!

{amy} said...

They really DO look alike! :) It'll be interesting to see how much they do or don't look alike when they grow up!