Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mother Son Date Knight

I am so anxious to share what a great time Z and I had on our first "date" that I am blogging about it the night of. I always figured J would do the cute little daddy daughter dance and all that business, but the thought of anything comparable with my boys never crossed my mind. That was until I was chowing down on waffle fries and literally saw a knight in shining armor. Well, it wasn't a real knight, but it was a life size suit of armor inviting mother's to make reservations for a medieval themed evening with their sons at Chic Fil A.



Z usually rides the bus, but J was able to help so that I could pick him up from school today. He looked so handsome with his shirt tucked in and his hair gelled. 


He has been talking about this outing since I first brought it up a couple weeks ago. Last night when I tucked him in he said "I love you mom" and I said "I love you son" and then he replied in his little Charlie Brown voice "speaking of son, tomorrow is mother son date night!" It was sweet.


I know this product placement of Chic Fil A next to Dave Ramsey could not be anymore "white christian", but we are, so whatever. Z brought his money in his spend envelope so he could pay for our meal.


 When our waitress gave me the bill Z handed the whole envelope over and she brought the change back. I have had a lot of people ask me about Financial Peace Jr. and I have a future blog post in the works. We've been doing it for a year and a half now and I am so pleased with the lessons it teaches. 


Chic Fil A does such a great job bringing families together and they make it so easy. The meal costed less than 10 dollars and the perks were…

 The medieval ambiance


A visit from the royal cow. 


There was also a craft, goodie bags, and face paint. The placemats had conversation starters and Z actually LOVED this part. One example question is, who is the bravest person you know? His answer was New York's bravest fire fighter. He doesn't know this person per se, but he read a book about it. The book by the way is New York's Bravest and it's great, but I wish I would have known I was going to cry during the bedtime story when I read it! There were also some silly questions like, would you rather be a spider for a week or an elephant for a year? Z said spider and when I asked him why, he said because it would be the shortest amount of time. I have to agree with him on that one, and we both agreed that flying power trumped super strength. 

After dinner we had organic yogurt at Frozen in West Chester. It was yumazing. That part was my treat (in more ways than one). 


The first 2 and a half years of Z's life it was just him and I (and J, but I was around him all the time), then of course sis and bro came along and we rarely have alone time. Even when we do have alone time together it's brief, like when SJ's in school and Ezie's napping, or a quick trip to the store. This was intentional time just the two of us. I am so glad we did it and I will definitely plan on doing it again. Thank you Chic Fil A, for the delicious meal and the reminder of how important this bond is. 



2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so neat. We don't have any places that do things like that where we live. The knight theme is really cool!

{amy} said...

What a great "knight" for the two of you!