Monday, July 14, 2014

My Happy Place


I feel overwhelming blessed to announce that I am in my happy place and I will be here a couple more days.

I call Vermont my happy place because it's always been my favorite state, and one time when I was in college I had a friend who was a counciling major who tried to work some of her psychotherapy voodoo on me. As I laid on the busted up vintage couch of her apartment, which may or may not have been a step up from the dorm room, she asked me to close my eyes and go to my happy place. So I imagined myself breathing in the cool mountain air of my grandparents land. Both of my parents grew up in Vermont and still have family there so we visited quite a few times throughout my childhood. My favorite memories were of petting the farm animals, hiking to the creek, eating a variety of fresh berries off the bushes, and swinging from the rafters of the barn into a pile of hay. I could go on to share so many stories; skiing, maple candies, an abundance of the world renowned autumn leaves, but I'm going to stop because I really don't have time to carry on like this! The point is I'm here and it's just as beautiful as I left it 10 years ago. It's been such a delight to watch Ezie and SJ enjoy some of the same experiences I did so long ago. Z wasn't able to make the trip because he's too busy traveling in style to North Dokota in his grandparents RV. I was hoping to check in sooner, but computer time and wi fi are scarce so I'll just give you a few brief phone photos to show what I've been up to the past couple days.
  Layover in Detroit

 Ezra was good on the plane. He mostly slept. I pray we will be so fortunate on the way back.

This decal was on the door entering the pizza joint we ate at. Ah, good ol' Vermont. I love this hippy state!



This is a terrible photo considering I brought my "real" camera, but for now check out the chickens, gardens, and cabin in the woods. My dream home. 


The kids had fun with the old tractor until SJ and another little boy got stung by some bees. They are fine now though. 


Berry picking as I mentioned already, is a favorite pastime of mine. I could sit there an eat fresh raspberries all day. This is the life! 

1 comment:

{amy} said...

I can see why it's your happy place! Beautiful!