Sunday, November 2, 2014

What Now?

I blogged everyday in October for the 31 days challenge! The Teachable Parenting series was an amazing experience. It stretched me in ways I never would have imagined, both in terms of the parenting subject matter, but also as a writer. I don't want to turn this into something competitive, because it's not. I have connected with such an incredible group of women in the midst of all of this. I'll admit though, sometimes it is hard to see other blogs or read other stories that seem to be so much more compelling and polished than yours. Seeing all the rocking website, fancy graphics, and thousands of followers can leave you feeling a little like you are out at sea on a life raft amongst a bunch of cruise lines passing you by. On the other hand, there were times that I felt very accomplished just by fact that I had outlasted so many other participants. I know it's not the Hunger Games, but I'm just sayin', when I looked at the line up from last year's 31 days there were so many blogs that just didn't even exist any more.

So now I am trying to figure out how transition back into my messy mom writing routine and yet be progressively moving forward at the same time. My plan for the rest of this year is to just keep it simple. I'll continue to write about my family and our journey. My aim is to hit the 2 to 3 posts a week mark.

As far as the line up for this month I have a lot of catching up to do.



I need to share a little about what's been going on with Z, my 7 year old. 



I am ESPECIALLY excited to give some major updates on SJ's progress in learning to speak as a cochlear implant recipient.




I also have been doing a lot with my photography business which includes an upcoming trip to Texas this week to photograph a wedding and some senior portraits.



Not to mention other miscellaneous possibilities like "What I Wore Wednesday", my 14th anniversary (which is in two days), sprinkled with some Holiday related posts.



For the record, it might sound like I am being a little more formal or descriptive for a while, because I never used names or too much personal info for my series. So I will be reintroducing some of the "characters" in my life to those that are just joining from last month. Which reminds me, I want to give a warm welcome to all the new readers here from 31 days and a welcome back to all the old friends that stuck it out after all this time.

There are 2 months left for 2014 and they are two of my favorites! Are you guys ready for the Holiday rush? I think I am. Either way it is happening! Here we goooo!

11 comments:

{amy} said...

I look forward to catching up with you here and on my own blog!

sarah may said...

Excited to be a new "regular" reader!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I'm also excited to be a new "regular reader" :-) looks like you have some great things ahead!

Barbara said...

I'll catch up and continue to read your blog! I will be trying to post 2 - 3 times per week, which will include a Sunday Reflections post and the Five Minute Fridays...also going to try to improve the look of my blog!!

Unknown said...

One of the things I learned from the 31 days that you need to remember is that your voice is important. You might never know about the reader who needs to hear from you, but she is out there.

Tara Ulrich said...

Stopping by the 31 Days survivor Fb page. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog.

Cindy Swanson said...

Love those pics, Natalie! Today was also my first day blogging after the challenge. I found myself wanting to even though I didn't "have" to!

Sarah said...

I think your blog is pretty cool looking. I'm excited to see what happens next after 31days. =)

Jennifer Pepito said...

Great post Natalie. I totally understand how you feel about being in a big sea. I am excited about my blog but there is so much I don't know and my reach is so small. I like what another commenter said, someone needs to hear what we have to say, we just need to be faithful to say what God lays on our heart to share.
Blessings,
Jenn

Wendy said...

Fun to find you here. We're all finding our post 31 day voice again and getting into a new rhythm. Blessings

Sarah Marie said...

Yay! Isn't it exciting, this post-challenge new blog smell? :)