Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Madness Continues


Yesterday, in the midst of preparing dinner and caring for a child that had decided to disrupt an ant colony, my phone rang and I answered it, a knee jerk reaction I guess. "Hello, this is Natalie" I said in my professional voice because when I don't recognize the number it's usually business related. They said "Hi, this is Staci, are you busy?" I have been in this position before where I can't really talk, but then I have to ask myself why I answered the phone if I can't talk, so I replied "Uhhh... kind of, but I have a second." So she went right into it about her husbands schedule and when we would meet and I thought it was a lady I had just talked about a photo session so I was making plans for a shoot and in the end our conversations didn't match up and she said "I think you are talking about something else. I am calling about the chickens". She laughed and I hit myself on the head a few times.

2 weeks ago in my last blog post I briefly mentioned tripling my work load. I had to send my kids off to grandmas so that I could work, have a yard sale, and use a groupon we got for our anniversary. The juggling act has been somewhat of a success, but not without a few meltdowns on my part. It's only for a season though. When I accepted this work it was because another photographer at the magazine had a family emergency come up and she had to abandon all of her assignments. There is no way I could keep up this pace long term. I just keep thinking "Gazelle Intensity" (you Dave Ramsey people know what I am talking about). So that is where I've been.
Hopefully things will start to slow down soon, although with Thanksgiving being next week I know that is probably wishful thinking. None the less EVENTUALLY I will check back in so I can explain why someone was calling me about the chickens. And then I can to tell you a little more about trick or treating and how the last two houses we went to Z went up to the door and when they offered candy he said "No thanks, I have enough already".
I also have lots of tales from the sales, yard sales that is, both shopping and having.
Then of course I did celebrate 11 years of marriage with J and I have a few photos from the Villas that we went to in Austin.

You've been missed little blog, but for now I've got to get back to work.

2 comments:

Daddy-O said...

Happy Anniversary BTW!

{amy} said...

Oh my! Of course you know that sounds like a conversation that I would have! And I totally get the Gazelle Intense thing! Happy anniversary!! I can't wait to hear how things are going with everything!