Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry

I was compared to Ebeneezer Scrooge in terms of holiday cheer this year. Christmas has just been off the radar for me. I'd been trapped in my own little world where getting the house ready to sell was all that mattered and it did NOT involve any Christmas music or holiday shopping or baking. In the end though we were able to get our house on the market just in the st. nick of time to be able to relax and enjoy all the festivities. Here are 10 of my favorite Christmas moments this year.

1. The annual Christmas parties. My mom let me borrow this red necklace, but by the time the 3rd loan came around she just gave it to me.


2. Z was in his very first Christmas performance. He did such a great job and I was SO proud of him. I get emotional just watching the video.

3. We had the opportunity to see one of our very best friends perform Bing Crosby's role in White Christmas. He tore the house down and at the end the cast came out for the iconic scene where they sing White Christmas and it started "snowing" all throughout this historic theater. It was really soap, but it was sooo cool. Two thumbs up.

4. Our annual Christmas card is one of my favorite parts of the Holidays. This year we brought our junky family couch outside and took pictures. We never mailed the cards, but they've made their way around.

5. Christmas with the in laws was a much needed relief from all of the work we've been doing. We sang carols, read the Christmas story, opened presents, then got up and got moving with video games like kinects and wii.
I think my favorite part though was the cake balls. Mmmm.

6. Christmas day we had a SIMPLE, I mean super simple Christmas, but it was so special. Since we had been doing so much work on the house we didn't put up a tree this year, but I did go to the attic and pull out this little tree that just so happens to be our first Christmas tree as a married couple.


7. The last Christmas in our house was also special because I got some Christmas dishes out that were a wedding gift and the each had a logo on them that said Gibson Housewares, which I had never noticed, but our house is on Gibson street. I love little details like this.

8. We didn't exchange gifts this year, but we were blessed to receive some presents for the kids. Since I had no idea where all of our gift wrapping supplies are packed, I used what I had on hand. This included blue painters tape, masking tape, and a sharpie marker. The kids didn't care and I just loved watching them get excited about everything little thing from play dough to socks. This was the only present I needed.

9. Since Christmas was on a Sunday we went to church where I accompanied J singing Christmas carols and worship songs as part of a small family service. What better way to celebrate the birth of Christ?
J praying with some missionaries

10. We brought in the New Year with J's family, and then left to go be a part of the all night worship that was happening at our church. We were tired, but why not do it while we are still young.

So maybe I was a little bit of a grinch at the beginning of the season, but in the end I was like Tiny Tim, or something like that. God Bless us everyone.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

I'm glad you finished with the house in time to relax and enjoy some of the Christmas season!