Friday, December 2, 2011

One Week To Go???

Okay, I will try not to allow my emotional roller coaster to fly off the tracks and crash land onto this blog right now, but I do want to give a brief update. J and I, along with the help of friends and family, have been working around the clock for the past 2 weeks trying to finish the house. It started with having the college crew from the church pull together to help us move all of our furniture off of the hardwood floors so we could refinish them.
Our entire 1800 square foot house is hardwood flooring other than the 2 bathrooms and kitchen so we had to cram all of our belongings into those 3 tiny spaces which is where it stayed for an entire week.
My dad, brother, and sister-in-law showed up the day before thanksgiving to help and they were quite the workforce.
We fixed the awning, took off the storm windows, removed dead trees, stripped the shutters, painted 5 rooms, and I will not bore you with the rest of the hours upon hours of work that was done. After they left one of our dear friends who is a professional painter came and painted the exterior.
This was a long overdue project that transforms our curb appeal like no ones business! Even with all that we've done there is still a lot left to do before it's complete, so unfortunately we missed our original deadline of December 1st, and now we are aiming to have the house on the market by the 10th. I have been in complete panic mode most of the time. On the one hand it's been exciting to see our 7 year dream our home finally be fulfilled, but on the other hand I am completely overwhelmed with the stress of knowing J will be unemployed in less than a month and our ticket to paying our bills isn't even on the market yet! All I can say is that I am operating out of a level of adrenaline I didn't even know existed. Eventually there will be a time to process it all I am sure, but for now I just have to keep going.

2 comments:

Staceemaree said...

On the other hand, your home is absoltely beautiful, and should have no problem selling once it hits the market. Here's to a swift sale, and prosperity well deserved.

{amy} said...

It must be so bittersweet to see your home complete, yet it's going to belong to someone else! Praying as y'all make this transition!