Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Moment We've Been Waiting For

Preparing our house to go on the market and giving it a complete makeover was one of the most labor intensive, mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausting things I've ever gone through. The holidays came and went and it wasn't until the very end that I even recognized that it was December and people are still celebrating Christmas despite the fact that we are moving. The finances are so tight we didn't even buy presents for each other or anybody else. Bah-Humbug! I had feelings of doubt and despair and I wasn't sure what we were going to do. I was just praying for a breakthrough, and it came about a week ago.

It started on Wednesday when the realtor came to give us papers to sign and put a sign in the yard. We may not have been completely ready, but we went for it, and it was such a relief knowing we just transitioned from preparing to selling. That same day I got a call from my boss telling me she wanted me to come up to the office that day. My heart was pounding, She heard that we are moving and is letting me go. I can't leave yet, we need this job until we move, I thought. When I arrived to meet her she immediately led me outside and acted very discreet about our rendezvous. She handed me an envelope and said it was off the record. She told me they are not supposed to give bonuses to free lance employees (and never have in the 5 years that I've been there), but she wanted to anyway. My heart leapt. Not only was I excited about the bonus, but I was just relieved to still have a job. Later that day SJ had left me a little surprise of her own in the toilet. I was in disbelief at the idea that she climbed up on the pot all by herself and took care of business when I wasn't even thinking about working on that with her at all! I quickly went to wipe her and long story short, she potty trained herself in one day and has been wearing panties, which for all you mom's out there or anyone that maybe read about what I went through with Z, you know what a breakthrough this is.
Although I had been a bit of a Scrooge this year and wasn't looking forward to any festivities in the end we had an amazing Christmas
and while we were away visiting with family, various people would come to look at the house. In all of this I am just thanking God and grateful for the peace that I felt so distant from in this past season. I know there are more hurtles ahead in this journey to Kentucky, but for now I am just resting in this place that I'm at.

I was feeling normal. All was well again. I could listen to Christmas music without resentment. I could stop working and worrying, and just enjoy time with my kids.
I was staying up late because of playing competitive card games with friends and not because we were trying to finish grouting the bathroom.

Then Tuesday came along. The realtor called and I put him on speaker phone for J to listen in. He asked if we were ready to sell the house. Then he announced that we had an offer. J and I looked at each other. Then he shared that it was for our asking price and we gripped hands and I bit my lip to keep from squealing. After hanging up the phone we jumped around and J scooped me up in his arms and just kept on jumping. It was like winning the super bowl.

So yesterday the realtor came by again for us to sign more papers, less than a week from when we signed the first ones to put it up for sale. We still have to go through inspection, appraisal, and funding (although the buyers are already approved and putting a good amount down, so that shouldn't be a problem). Anything could happen, but I am confident in the sale and if it all goes through we will be moving in about a month.

Now I can look back at this time in my life and know that the word the Lord gave me was absolutely true,
sometimes it's the pressure that leads you to breakthrough.


6 comments:

Laura D said...

Natalie, that is great news about the sale of your house! I have been reading your updates and Matt and I have been praying for you guys during this transition. Kentucky is about to gain a great family!

Marlene Magee said...

That so wonderful to here. I have been praying that you sell your house fast. It looks that it has and that wonderful!!!

Michele R said...

That is wonderful!!
Also, can you still work for the same job no matter what state you are in? I mean who is more techno savvy than someone like you? Would your boss go for a proposal like that? Or is this the plan and I am wrong to assume not?
--Michele R.

Staceemaree said...

Congratulations! Here's another affirmation to remember: "God helps those who help themselves", and you sure did put in the work. Enjoy the blessing.

{amy} said...

Oh my goodness! That was quick!! Just like with us, it sounds like God was at work in your move & putting all of the pieces together!

rbcollicott said...

Natalie, so glad to hear that your house sold so quickly. We have heard all about it from Lindsey, and I'm sure it feels great to know that all your work has paid off. I always enjoy your blog, and will look forward to seeing you and J one of these days when we are up in Ky. Good luck on your move!