Thursday, September 27, 2012

Oh Boy!

I am posting two blog entries back to back because a lot has happened since I wrote that happy little post about all of my plans and predictions. While in Lexington for our baby moon I also had a scheduled prenatal appointment because I am very practical in that way. That is when I found out our baby boy is head down and ready to go, and by ready to go I mean my midwife doesn't expect me to get through this weekend.

For those that are not interest in labor details, I think you've heard enough. For every one else I am 70% effaced, at a zero station, and right about 4 cm dilated! In other words I am about half way through the whole process already. Granted, I have not had any major braxton hicks and some women can be where I am at still not go into labor for weeks, but it's not common. 

I am excited and nervous all at the same time. As I was sitting on the examination table in shock I said 'I  hope I can make it to October. I already have a September birthday boy'. The odd things that come to my mind. Speaking of big brother, maybe Z was on to something when he did a chalk drawing yesterday of the baby head down in my belly. 


I don't know where my arms and hair are!?

I am hoping to make it to this Monday for several reasons (the bathroom renovation upstairs is one, the October thing is another), but of course we are not going to be disappointed regardless of when he decides to make his entrance. 


 
I am glad I got my 9 month photo last night.


Well, I may feel unprepared, but regardless I look forward to this joyous occasion. We've got room for ya buddy and looking forward to seeing your precious face. 

3 comments:

Mels said...

You my friend look beautiful! Pregnancy suits you.

{amy} said...

Oh wow! Well, happy birthing! Should I pray that the contractions don't start until maybe 11:00 Sunday night? That gives you an hour, which may be all you need considering how quickly SJ came! ;) Praying for the delivery & all. I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Katie @ Mama the Reader said...

Zero station! Waddle, waddle, waddle. He'll fall out soon. :) Can't wait to hear!