Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Confessions of a Summer School Mom on the Move

"I am so sorry I am late. Please tell her teacher that I will not be late like this during the school year. It's not something I am in the habit of I promise you. It's just, we are in the middle of moving, and you know it's been so difficult. Thank you for understanding.

Oh, and one more thing, SJ is wearing boy underwear and baby pants. I've got to run, see you at noon."

These were the words I had for the advisor of SJ's summer school program this morning. The good news is they are so cool and understanding. Every time I think I am just over the top, out of my mind crazy, they tell me a story about another crazy mom some time before me and I feel much better. Today's story was about a mom that brought her naked toddler into the deaf school wrapped up in his dad's sweatshirt. She set him down in his class along with a pile of his clothes because he had been taking his clothes off and she didn't know what else to do. I get that.

To give a little background, last night we stayed in our apartment which is still pretty much empty. The air mattress wouldn't blow up and I had forgotten to bring pillows so we slept on the floor with sleeping bags, that's it. To say I have a lot on my plate right now would be an understatement. Last week I had my birthday, the kids were all sick including SJ having pneumonia, and we've been trying to gradually move into the apartment. The day we plan on moving all of our stuff is currently predicting 100% chance of thunderstorms. So, I don't know what we are going to do, but if the blog seems quiet lately that is why. I've got a lot on my mind. I have been writing though. I have a few blog posts ready to crank out whenever I have the time to edit, tweak, or finish them. In fact I would love to show you what J has been working on to make our little apartment cute and functional all at the same time. You will be amazed. Be on the look out for all that, but if you don't hear from me soon I am probably just off searching for my head so that I can screw it back on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a funny picture of SJ, lol. :D but you just explained what most normal moms have experienced at one time or another, so kudos for keeping it real. ;)
and I actually have a memory of being 4 years old and wearing my brothers clothes to somewhere, because all my clothes were dirty. I remember thinking it was kind of fun, so there you go. :)
ah, and i'll be praying ya'll get moved it very soon!! can't wait to see what J has created!

nancy from ky said...

If we're being open and honest here. Back in my crazy days with 4 kids and driving them all to school because it was private school, I've worn my husbands underwear. I just could always get everything done like laundry.

Sarah said...

Haha, boys underwear and baby pants :). It happens to the best of us. It's true there is always someone way crazier than you (well, unless you're one of those who are really legit crazy...) so that always helps. Good luck with the move and hope everyone gets healthy and stays that way! Henry seems to be coming down with yet another cold right now. Ugh.

TracyL26 said...

Caleb wore size 18 months shorts all day last week and unlike you, I had no excuse ;). You do have a full plate but if anyone can handle it, you can!!! You are amazing :)

{amy} said...

Yep, it happens to the best of us! ;) I hope you're able to get everything moved soon & that things can get back to a routine!