Friday, July 19, 2013

Cows and Fish

We're still getting settled into our apartment. It's been a bigger project than I anticipated. MUCH bigger. But I know it is all coming together. I probably wont be posting many pictures until it's complete, and when that happens get ready for a thorough, over the top tour, with more details than you ever cared to see. I just have a feeling with all the time and energy we are putting into customizing our tiny space I will be able to write a book about it. I just might.

It's not all about moving though and I've got lots of photos to prove it. There is a summer to be had and little ones to enjoy it. First off let's hear it for the red white and blue.

Here is SJ, Z, and one of their cousins at our church's annual celebration.



Then I had to take a couple pics of Z with his twin friend. 


They get along so well, and while there are obvious differences when you know them, a quick glance could make you think that you're seeing double. 



Next up we have our 4th year to dress up for Chic Fil A's cow appreciate day.

For 3 of these calves it was their first year to participate.


My mom made these adorable costumes for all of her grandchildren.



Oh and this shot shows off Z's absent front tooth.


Next up, it's time for swim lessons!


Z insisted that he would not ever need to know how to swim and he would just use a noodle to float on for the rest of his life, but we told him he had to and he has been coming along. SJ on the other hand LOVES to swim.




They have lessons twice a week and on the days they don't have lessons SJ puts on her suit and goggles and signs "SWIM". Sometimes I just put her in the tub to get her water fix. 




 Maybe it's just a phase, or maybe she will be a swimmer. She has a long way to go before she can actually swim on her own, but every one comments (her instructor included) on how fearless she is. It scares me a little, but it does not surprise me one bit. She is my little adventurer. I'm anxious to see where this trait takes her in life.


I can't believe July is almost over, but there is still plenty of summer left and since this will be our first year to be in school FULL time I plan to make the most of our break. 


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Those cow costumes are super cute!

Jen Price said...

Awesome cow suits! Can't wait to see your big apartment reveal. Those things always take longer than you think, don't they? I'm giving my scullery until the end of August. I'm anxious to see if that's realistic or not. It's a complete mess right now but I know that means progress!

{amy} said...

I love that Z has a twin friend! :) I think it's neat that y'all participate in cow appreciation day! Isn't it funny how different two kids from the same parents can be?!

Unknown said...

So cute! I just read through all your posts from the summer, I am so behind! So happy you are settling in and summer school is going great!