Sunday, December 22, 2013

Let it Snow!

It's been a snowy December here in Ohio and I love it! We are about to be in the homeland of Texas where we will more than likely NOT be experiencing a white Christmas, but I don't mind because I am beyond excited to get to visit for the next couple weeks. Before we go I would like to leave you with some of my favorite pics of the winter wonderland we've experienced so far this season.

My brother took this gem. 
SJ did have gloves by the way. I have no idea why she is barehanded in this photo. 


When I am not feeling enthusiastic about going out in the snow I just put the kids on the balcony and it's like a giant sandbox for them. 


They like to throw snowballs at me and I just shriek and smile from behind the glass in the warmth of the apartment.

Here is a snowy day at the church.

And here's one of Z walking to the bus stop.

 They have called two days off of school for snow so far this year. The rest of the time you suck it up. He'll have stories for his grandchildren right?


Good thing Ezie is walking full time now. It's no fun crawling in the snow!



This last pic is of J and I iceskating in fountain square. We had a blast. 


That's it for snow in 2013. I look forward to more when we return from our Christmas vacation. Let it snow! 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I may imitate your tactic of putting the kids on the deck to play while you stay nice and warm inside :). We had about 16 inches here, but just had two really warm days and a lot has melted. I'm glad to have some melting before another storm comes along!

{amy} said...

That's nothing like it is here in Texas! How fun! I like your idea of letting the kids play on the balcony!!