Thursday, January 1, 2015

One Word

Has Lord ever given you one key verse, phrase, or word for the year? Something to focus on as you approach the launching pad for the next season of life?

I’ll admit that it’s been a while for me, which is why I was thrilled to feel like even in the midst of my stubbornness and daily distractions I felt the Lord graciously gave me some direction for 2015. The concept is big and complicated. It involves shifting my focus. I prayed for one literal word that would encapsulate this vision that He had given me at this time and I felt like that word was good.

Not as in an adjective like that’s a good word. I mean the word for our family for this year is GOOD.


From the first verses in the Bible God is already revealing that what he does is good.
He creates and sees goodness in it .

 Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good.

-Genesis 1:3

Then he created the earth, plants, fish, animals and EVERYTHING he made was GOOD! So just like New Year's day is a launching pad for the year this chapter is the launching pad for the word of God. How fitting!

I could elaborate on the word good throughout the Bible, but I will save some revelation for the other 364 days we have left this year. Seriously though, I am truly excited for the Lord to reveal all that is good as we navigate this next year. I am also convicted that this will begin with a change in my heart and mind. For the 31 day challenge I was virtually connected with another blogger, Lauren who writes over at His Grace is sufficient. She did her entire 31 day series on Philippians 4:8



Speaking of good, Lauren’s 31 posts on this verse are really good and they are all still there to read if you want to check them out. Even though Philippians 4:8 doesn’t technically have the word good in it, it is all about setting your mind on what is good.

That is what I want to do this year. In the beginning God saw goodness and He spoke goodness and the same is true today because as we know God is good all the time!


 I want to see what is good. I want to see it in my life and in others. Cheesy as it may be even the letters for God are in the word good. I talked to J about how I was feeling led with this word and it resonated with him as well. I'll take that as a confirmation!



I am confident that 2015 is going to be a very GOOD year for us. Will you believe that with me? 

12 comments:

Amanda said...

What an interesting word to choose. It is simple yet complex all at the same time.

Happy New Year!
Amanda
www.queenofthelandoftwigsnberries.com

Heather @ My Overflowing Cup said...

I do believe it with you, Amanda! Here's to a good 2015! My word is wisdom this year. It will be a reminder to me to seek His wisdom for my life rather than my own. Blessings to you and yours.

Unknown said...

Praying God's goodness follows you through the year! Great, simply word that has so much power!

Lauren said...

Thanks so much for including me in this post!!! I look forward to seeing how "good" plays out in 2015 for you and your family. I'll be following along!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great word! You will receive much insight into the heart of our Beloved. Did you make that graphics - tell me how!

Wonderfully Women.com said...

I like good. Just keep saying this is going to be a 'good' year and so it shall be. xx N

sarah may said...

Taste and see that the Lord is good! Thanks fit the blog recommendation!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a lovely word for the year! Like you, I will be looking to find the good in my surroundings, in people and in everything. For he has created these things and you are absolutely right, they are all GOOD!

Unknown said...

I like it! It makes you focus on all that is around you to find that GOOD all around you. Because as they say, "God is Good all the time!"

blestbutstrest said...

I love it! I've never felt compelled to have 'word for the year' and I'm excited about the journey. May God be with you on your journey as you study the goodness of the Lord and the good plans he has for you!

Unknown said...

This is GOOD! :) I love that it's a simple word and I remember teaching my kids the creation story and thinking, "I wonder why we never think we're good enough when God created and pronounced us good?" Here are prayers for your journey this year in search of the good. May you be graced with His goodness!

{amy} said...

Good stuff! (no pun intended) I'm basically on my third year of the word "abide", though I keep getting the word "dwell" this year, too (which is essentially the same). I don't know if I'm just not successful in continuously abiding in Him, or if it's simply what He wants me to continue to do. I'll keep it my goal, though! I'm seeing a little bit of difference with "dwell", though, so I'm interested to see where the Lord takes me with it! Not sure if any of that made sense, but maybe I'll blog about it one day!