Thursday, January 29, 2015

Valentine's Craft


I know I titled this as a "Valentine's craft", but love and hearts are in style year round, which makes this project extremely versatile.  You could help your child decorate a card for grandma, you could make a nice painting to frame and hang, or you could use it as an object lesson while teaching Bible verses about love. It's inexpensive creative fun, and my favorite part is that it could work for almost any age. 

All you need is some paint, paper, bowls, and a couple empty paper towel or toilet paper rolls.

1. Choose your paint. I used Crayola washable paint and narrowed it down to 4 colors.


2. Pour a tablespoon of the paint into a bowl. 

3. Have the child bend the tubes into the shape of a heart and tape each one into place to help them hold their shape. I used a paper towel roll and cut it into thirds.


4. Dip the rolls into the paint and use them as stamps. That's it! 


You still have plenty of time before valentines day to start collecting those cardboard tubes. I will warn you that this craft can get a little messy, 


but the Crayola washable paint boasts that it is "washability you can trust" and it is. We've never had any trouble with it staining clothing, furniture, or anything else. 

 I hope your children enjoy this craft as much as mine do. 



Today I am linking up with the #showmethelovelinkup over at The Loflands
I would also like to say thank you to Rust and Sunshine for this fun craft idea. Lastly, I wanted to mention that these photos are a few years old (2012) and I have featured this craft before, but it's such a hit I wanted to share it again. 

11 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Adorable! We will definitely be doing this, my girls love stamps and if they can make their own? Genius! We will do this over the weekend!

Lindsay said...

Something so simple yet fun and cute. :)

Melissa Blake said...

What a cute idea! :)

blestbutstrest said...

These are just adorable! I'm going to share the link with our elementary school teacher--she might want to use this idea in her classroom!

J.L. Neyhart said...

That looks fun!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea!

Unknown said...

This looks so easy, messy and fun. I bet I could even do it with my 20 month old. Outside of course. Luckily I live in California so it would totally be possible. :)

SocialSara612 said...

Love this craft! I tried doing this with my kids a couple of years ago and it didn't go so well. But I think they were just a little too young. So cute!

Kristina said...

This is so cute!

Amanda said...

I love a craft so simple that I can do it since I am not crafty at all! Thanks for the sharing and for joining the link-up!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Cute! What a fun idea!