Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Week Later

I haven't posted in a week, and it's not that there is a lot going, I guess I am just busy adapting to a new way of life. Finding what I can accomplish and what rhythm works for me with having a newborn and a toddler. Yesterday was the first time I attended church on a Wednesday night since Sedona was born. The last time I was there on Wednesday night I was in labor. I haven't figured out how long it takes to get all 3 of us out the door yet, and so I decided to time myself. I set the timer I have on the fridge and started get ready. This morning I saw the timer and it was still counting. I had totally forgotten about it. Can we say frazzled mother?

It's been good though. I was so emotional yesterday that when my little boy was running around in a diaper and a tshirt I wanted to cry because he still has chubby legs and Flinstone feet, but it won't be long before he looses all of that baby fat. I cuddled with my little girl and I almost cried again because I love my kids so much. Then when my husband got home I made a late night run to get bread and milk. When I came home Z was on the drums and J was playing the guitar (while Sedona was strapped to him in the backpack carrier) and he sang the song he wrote and surprised me with at our wedding. That's when I finally lost it. I had been needing to shed tears of joy all day and so I just let it all out. It's a roller coaster ride of good and bad times in this life, but I don't ever want to take all of this for granted.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so precious - i love the thought of you coming home to your super-dad-husband singing with the babies! what a rich life!