Thursday, April 1, 2010

4 weeks, venturing out

This week was the first week since having the baby that I really got out of the house, besides doctor's visits and such. On Friday I went to H.E.B with both kids and lived to tell about it. Granted, it wasn't a full blown shopping trip, but I got several items from different areas across the store, and to me that is worth bragging about. Then Saturday we went to Joe T. Garcia's for my brother in laws birthday. This was our first time out as a family. Sedona slept the whole time as usual. We made it to church on Sunday even if it was over 30 minutes late. Monday I mailed out all the thank you cards and birth announcements, which was a big achievement then on Tuesday we took both kids to Z's eye appointment. The Dr. wants to examine Sedona's eyes around 10 months because of Z's history, but my prayer is that she won't have any problems. Lastly on Wednesday night we got a baby sitter for Z so that J and I could go to a concert, I'll post more on that later.

Sorry for the boring play by play of my 4th week postpartum, but it just goes to show that we are all doing well and I am starting to get back to life outside of the house, which makes me happy because I am a social creature.

This is the first week I didn't take any photos of Sedona, other than a couple on J's iphone. I hounded him to download them onto my computer today so that I had something to post. So here are a few pics from this week, thanks to my nagging.

Almost a month old!

Z at the eye doctor helping daddy carry the car seat

At the concert

Blurry, but cute

2 comments:

{amy} said...

Congrats on surviving the HEB trip! That was a lot easier to do with only one child, huh? Looking at the pics, this is the first time I realized just how cute Sedona's nose is!! :)

Regarding your comment, I was glad to have a girl to share the day with! Cody said he was so glad he had stayed home, because he would've hated going to all those places!

{amy} said...

Hey there! I popped over here to let you know that I gave you a blog award! If you don't have the time to participate, I won't hold it against you!! I hope you're having a great week!