Thursday, April 29, 2010

My My My...

There is so much going on right now that I have a lot to talk about, but not much time to do it.

My job with the magazine that I work for is not looking too promising right now. I emailed my new boss a couple weeks ago to touch base and make sure I would still resume my assignments next month as stated in the maternity leave agreement, and she casually responded by telling me that other photographers were doing those shoots now going to be shooting both of the magazines that I have been photographing for 2 years! You might be thinking "She can't replace you during your maternity leave for no reason", but I am freelance, not employed directly by the company, so she legally can kind of do whatever she wants. However, ethically this would be wrong so I emailed the person above her and it's been all kinds of crazy office politics and mayhem ever since. I have a meeting about all this on Tuesday (she "stood me up" for our phone meeting this week, so we rescheduled). I should have more info though this coming week. You can pray for me, it's all been very difficult, but I know I've grown from this experience and it's not even over yet.

My little boy is going through some growing pains of his own. It's attack of the terrible twos and I am ready for it to be over. We are also potty training, so that's another topic I would love to expound on in the near future. Other than that he is doing great and still totally loving his new baby sister.

My midwife told me yesterday at my postpartum checkup that I've got to work on getting that gap closed up that happens from the separation of ab muscles during pregnancy. It's a pretty common thing for pregnant women, but you only have a small window of time before it becomes permanent and can get filled up with fat. Getting my body back after baby number 2 is a whole nother ball game. With Z I pretty much bounced right back. I know it's only been 8 weeks and it's only 10 extra pounds, but I've got a good size pooch that I would like to take care of so that I can fit back into my summer wardrobe.

Those are just 3 of the things going on in my life right now and topics that I hope to write about soon. For now it's time to get back to my offline duties as the messy mom.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Busy busy! And it sounds stressful but good for you for sticking up for yourself with your job. And you will get your bod back too. 8 weeks is no time!

Michele R said...

Hmm you did state here that you have a maternity leave agreement. Hope that comes into play favorably when you have your meeting. Have your timeline of events in front of you as well as other documents in a folder. Do not sign anything that day—state you will have it reviewed (this is to get people nervous). And do not speak first. As you can tell I have been through bosses being replaced scenarios before. It is painful but you do learn a lot.
I had my mw mention the gap thing too after my 1st. She suggested sit ups, even in bed before you get up. Who stays in bed long after the eyeballs open up in the a.m. on any type of regular basis. So I never did it, but I don’t make my living as a lingerie model so that is OK.
Keep enjoying your Spring!

{amy} said...

Wow! That's crazy about the new boss at the magazine! I hope it all works out! I completely understand about the terrible twos & potty-training! Believe it or not, when I think about my kids at two I remember the cute stuff they said & did & barely recall the terrible-ness! I think you looked great at the shower ~ I couldn't tell you had 10 pounds to go!

Your Jon Farrell dumpster story sounds interesting! I forgot to answer you about the thank you note ~ yes, I got mine super quick! She's on the ball! Also, RAK stands for Random Acts of Kindness. I'm hoping my friend will be ready to post about it soon!