Friday, October 14, 2011

Build a Dress

I had fun linking up with "what I wore" for my 10 year reunion so I thought I would do it again for the 50th anniversary party that I have been writing about this week.

A couple months ago I found a dress at a thrift store, but I couldn't try it on. I reluctantly bought and it did fit, even if it meant having to hold my breath to get it zipped up. So now I had this dress, but I had no idea where I was going to wear it.

When I found out my in laws anniversary would be a brown, western, yellow rose of Texas type theme, I thought the dress would be perfect.
The color and style matched what my husband was wearing too.


So now I knew where to wear it and just had to figure out what to wear it with...


First came the orange shoes, which I ended up not wearing because all the ladies were doing pedicures before hand and I wanted to go open toed, but next time I'll pick these thrift store heels.


Then I found a simple brown cardigan


When I was out looking for the cardigan I spotted this necklace that matched perfectly and since both items were on sale I went for it, because I knew I could use them for more than just this one occasion.


Lastly I threw on the belt which was also a thrift store find.
That's me on the end with the rest of the family.
I gambled on a used strapless dress that I couldn't try on and 4 accessories later I think it worked.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it - you looked beautiful! you are the thrifty queen (seriously!). :)

nancy from ky said...

Wow, we need to go shopping again. I need more tips.

Zion said...

Hannah, this is why I was wanting to borrow a cardigan, but in the end I decided I needed to own something classic like this anyway.

{amy} said...

Cute! I think it all worked out well! :)

Rachel Moss said...

Great outfit! I am no good at all at accessorizing, so it always impresses me when someone can completely change the look of an outfit like you did.

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

You look fab! That outfit worked out perfect!

ChristyB said...

Cute! I love the end result!