Sunday, January 15, 2012

Before and After, Part 2

The Bedrooms

Before:


What We Did:

We did pretty much the same thing in all the rooms. Took out the carpet, stripped the windows, tore down the walls. Then we insulated, put up new sheet rock, mudded, refinished the floors, painted, added the trim, crown molding, and updated light fixtures.

After:



What I'll Miss:

One of the things I think I will miss the most about these rooms are all of the windows. I had to fight tooth and nail to keep those windows. They are one of the things that made me fall in love with the house in the first place. And while they may not be the most energy efficient, in a town that is known for its historic homes and climate changes that aren't severely drastic, we can get away with keeping them. I also love our Ikea blinds which sadly are staying with the windows. My brother asked how we were able to find custom sized blinds for these antique windows at Ikea. I naively assumed we lucked out, but I was wrong. J cut the blinds to make them fit the specific sizes. So anyway, I thought I would set the record straight on that.

This photo is of baby SJ looking out of her bedroom window at the snowfall last year. I don't know a lot about the buyers of this house, but they are a young family and I am so excited for all of the moments that they will share looking out these windows; at the birds, at the sunset, at daddy's car pulling in the driveway. Blessings on their family.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Aw! I know the next family will get much enjoyment out of your home! On a side note, I still miss my first home! :( I have fond memories of our babies & our church family there, though. Do you remember that y'all were our first guests on our back patio?