Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Vintage Shopping in Louisville

J and I have been "courting" Louisville since that is now the closest major city to us. As it stands I think we are in love with the place. One of the reasons is the vintage store density. They have thrift and consignment shops everywhere. Last week when I was there found a few pieces to ad to my collection of previously owned clothing (which is pretty much what all of my wardrobe is).
First off, this orange and brown flannel print jacket was on clearance at the Urban Attic in Louisville.

Here I am sporting the jacket with a hat that I stole from a friends closet and she graciously let me keep it. Then I have some of my favorite skinny jeans (Red Rivet from Macy's) and some Bear Paw boots which have a funny drawn out story to go with them. Feel free to skip over this part

I went to H&M for the first time about a month ago and I bought some fuzzy slipper type boots. They were more fashionable than practical and I never wore them. A few days later I found these Bear Paw boots in perfect condition at the thrift store so I bought them and took the H&M boots back. After lounging around in the Bear Paw's for a few days I made the statement that taking those boots back and getting the Bear Paw's was one of the best decisions I ever made. That's a little dramatic, but they're comfy. J has some Bear Paw slippers and so do my parents and siblings. We swear by them.

Next up is this red dress that I also got from Urban Attic which my husband spotted on display and hinted that I would look really good in it.
.
I got it as a Valentine's present and he said this dress was made for me. Awwww!
I wore it with one of my mom's necklaces which was just a simple diamond on a silver chain and the black tights actually have a slight pinstripe pattern to them, and the shoes are of course a thrift find that I've had forever.

So as you can see my thrifty fashion lives on even in the boon docks of Kentucky.


Today I'm linked up with WHAT I WORE WEDNESDAY.

6 comments:

Danielle Winborg @Sugar Blossom Boutique said...

so pretty! that dress definitely is made for you :) plus i LOVE that plaid jacket!! thanks for stopping by my blog!!

candy's clothes closet said...

Loving the plaid jacket and the Gorgeous red dress! Thrifting is so fun:) Stay Fashionable! Love,Candy
www.candysclothescloset.blogspot.com

{amy} said...

Super cute! I haven't tried Bear Paws, but I have some AE boots that are so comfy I could sleep in them! The dress DOES look like it was made for you! I love it when I find a dress or shirt that fits so well!

Anonymous said...

as usual, great job! i really hope that one day i will as good at thrifting as you. :D

Virginia Revoir said...

I loooove the red dress!

DearHelenHartman said...

Cute and cuter! I do little second hand clothing shopping in Louisville but am a hardcore vintage junker (am in the middle of nowhere near Taylorsville myself) and found your blog while looking around for someplace around here I HAVEN'T visited. Turns out I hadn't visited your blog! Come over and say hello to a fellow Kentuckian sometime!