Thursday, February 2, 2012

We Did It

Well guess what blogosphere? We closed on the original projected date, and just crossed over the Kentucky border. Everything has gone relatively smooth. There have been plenty of last minute gathering full of hugs, tears, and reminiscing.

Our last night in the house was a peaceful one, and as I walked through each room for the final time the memories flooded my mind like a montage from a movie. I met J in the empty living room too choked up to speak. He looked at me and said "we did it". We prayed together, locked the door for the final time, and waved to the neighbors that watched us as we pulled away.

Our house number was 711 and after we moved in I was lead to a verse that I felt was for us in that place. It was 2 Samuel 7:11 and it says The LORD declares to you that the LORD himself will establish a house for you.

God's hand was evident in leading us to this place and while there have certainly been plenty of ups and downs it feels good to leave knowing that, as J said, we did it. Our first home was a success story. It has been bitter sweet for sure, but after all we went through it was truly a happy ending.

4 comments:

Marlene Magee said...

I am so happy things went well. It was so nice to get my last hug. I am so happy you get to look at your new adventure

{amy} said...

This brought tears to my eyes! I know those feelings well! I can't remember if I've told you this before, or if I just thought it to myself. But I'm sad that I didn't see you before you moved! I'm so glad I'll get to see you at Misty's wedding, though!

Lasso the Moon said...

Congratulations! Exciting times ahead for you!
Anna

{amy} said...

I tagged you in a meme today! Feel free to participate, but I totally understand if you don't have the time! :) On a completely different note, I "met" someone in a cancer group that knows the Timmermans & a few other people from our old town/area. Weird, huh?