Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Cows Are Back

I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to participate in Chic Fil A's cow appreciation day this year because we just got back in town. For those who are not familiar with this holiday, it happens every July all over the nation. You dress like a cow, you get a free meal. No strings attached, whatever you want. For our family that's $15.00 worth of food and so worth the chance to look foolish and be silly together. So in the end I decided to go for it and found a pack of craft foam paper for $4 and I made masks out of them. Granted the masks turned out looking a little creepy, but they were unique and the kids had fun. 

Other than that we just used a conglomeration of what we had gathered over the past 3 years. Z fit into his costume for the 3rd time! Next year it will have to be passed on to SJ and my mom can make Z a new one. We accessorized with items from various CFA kids meals,  and for the record I am patting myself on the back for finding all of this stuff.
 
I hope to be able to keep this tradition going for a while. Here is a little peek at all of the cow day fun that we've had past and present. 

2010

2011 


 2012



 Z signing "cow"

SJ showing her cow appreciation with a great big hug! 

2 comments:

Hannah Lewiston said...

SO cute! You are really good with traditions and documenting them. :)
And yeah, the masks ARE a bit creepy... Is it the eyes? Lol, just adds to the fun memory...

{amy} said...

Love! I think the masks are cute, except (like Hannah said) maybe the eyes are a little bit creepy!