Sunday, July 22, 2012

When Lightning Strikes

We were excited about the storm that blew through earlier this week. Water is even more appreciated when you have a garden,
Z and his cousin with fresh picked zucchinis from our garden. 

 but things got a little scary when lightning struck the property and we heard  an extremely loud POP!!! We immediately lost all electricity. Everyone is okay, but the tv, furnace, and modem were all permanently fried. So, that has been no fun and it will be a while to have everything corrected/replaced. You can remember my parents in your prayers.

Everything else has been going well. I recently had blood work and a glucose test for this current pregnancy and the results showed me to be in perfect health! In the midst of all we have going on right now, I am grateful for this report.

My friend and I at Cornerstone. She is also due on October 10th.

Also, thanks to this baby we found a pediatrician. All the places I have called have shut me down saying that they are only open to newborns and are taking no new patients otherwise, but I am about to have a newborn which was the loop hole that this particular Doctor needed to sign up all three of my children. SJ and Z will have their first appointment next month. I was never satisfied with the first doctor we saw when we moved here and having someone that works well with our family will be a huge load off.

In other family news I found a preschool for Z. We didn't feel ready to enroll him into Kindergarten even though in Kentucky he is the right age. He'll start next month and will be going all day Tuesdays-Thursdays.
 Z signing I love You (this is the screen saver on my phone)

Honestly, I am still in disbelieve that my little guy is going to be starting school. Granted it is Preschool, but it is a private christian school, NOT day care. They will be working on all the things he needs to be prepared for elementary schools and from what I understand these days that includes a lot! I am actually REALLY excited about this next major milestone for our son. He's excited too. He's got his Diego back pack and a brand new Spiderman lunch box. We'll see how he feels after his first week.  

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Wow, you really do have a lot going on! I'll remember your parents in prayer. I'm so glad that everyone's OK! Yay for finding a pediatrician & for your health to be great!! I hope Z enjoys school ~ a bittersweet time for his mama, I sure!