Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1st

This time last year we were in the middle of trying to remodel and sell our house and I was a GRINCH! This year I am determined to be jolly. With all the festivities we have going on it hasn't been too hard to get into the holiday spirit.

So far we have picked out the perfect tree



and then decorated all nine feet of it.



We only had to sweep up broken ornaments a couple of times, which isn't bad considering all 5 of the cousins are ages 5 and under.


This is the only photo I have from that nights with all 5 of them 

Yesterday we managed to mail out our Christmas cards. This is the earliest we've ever sent them.

 

Then today we did a Christmas tree countdown craft.


Thanks for holding that for me baby E.

All I had to do was print the tree and we just happened to have a pack of glittery pipe cleaners already. So we cut them up and made 24 ornaments and a star. Z will be able to stick one on the tree everyday leading up to Christmas. This is what it will like like at the end.



Now I don't have to do the math when he asks me how many days until Christmas.

Tonight we are cooking and decorating ginger bread cookies. It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN! Looks like you all are kicking the holiday season off right!

{amy} said...

I bet you're enjoying being close to your family this year! FUN!!