Monday, December 10, 2012

Sedona Hears

When SJ got her hearing aids her Doctor described the best possible outcome as a "Disney moment". It's one that is sweet and magical. We did not have that reaction at all and I blogged about my slight disappointed. Then when we went in to have the cochlear implant turned on I left disappointed again. In fact I cried all the way home.

Then nearly 2 weeks later this happened...



What may look insignificance was a huge milestone for SJ. It was exactly 6 months ago that I was feeling discouraged by the results of the hearing. My friend {Amy} left this comment on my post "praying for that Disney moment to come soon" and I can now testify that it has!

This video has been shared on my Facebook, twitter, and youtube and the responses have been such an encouragement. I wanted to share some of them, not to say see how awesome everyone thinks we are, but to give glory to God because he is worthy!

"oh my! sooo beautiful! I literally said, "Yaayyy" when she did it (while crying) You are doing such an amazing job with her. God gave her the perfect Mommy!"

That's amazing!

Wow!!! Wow, Wow, Wow!!!

Brought tears to my eyes! The sound of the letter B never sounded so sweet 

That is amazing. Gave me chills.

That is beyond GREAT!!

So precious! Rejoicing with you guys!

Oh my goodness! That's awesome! It made me cry watching her. She is so smart!

Not gonna lie... I literally just cried. 

Man, that was just beautiful!

This made me cry!! She is so perfect and God is so good!! I love y'all!!!!

Oh wow! Brought me to TEARS! I'm so happy you shared and the joy and love in your face was so special!!!

"Sedona has been on our staff prayer lists since her diagnosis. My boss, has 5 grand kids under the age of 4. He says this hits too close to home with the age of kids. Every week, he asks for an update. Today, when I showed him the video, he just started crying. Of course, so was I. I can only imagine how you both feel when you see and HEAR Sedona hear and talk."


One of SJ's therapist wants to use the video as an illustration and my sister-in-laws pastor is using the video for a Bible study he is doing. We sent the video to SJ's audiologist and apparently it made it's way to the surgeon because my youtube account had a message from him too! This quiet spontaneous moment with SJ was special to me of course, but I had no idea the impact it would have on so many others. To God be the glory!  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I am not sure I can add anything else that hasn't already been said! What a miracle!!

Jen Price said...

Love how God is in the business of miracles! And how amazing the many lives this video is affecting!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I can't imagine how cool it was for you guys! So glad you caught it on video!

{amy} said...

I'm soooo happy you got your moment! :) Not just to have the moment, but for the renewed hope it gives and to strengthen you for the rest of the journey. I'm in tears again just putting myself in your place and seeing how this will give your baby girl a better future.