Sunday, February 8, 2015

How We Met- A Series of Love Stories

This is the biggest bloggity announcement I have made in a long time! After 7 years and over 1,400 posts I have never once had a guest blogger. All of that is about to change starting this week as we begin the series "How We Met".


Each day this week a different couple will be contributing their own love story, and I hand picked my favorites so you are not going to want to miss it! 

The whole idea began with the time I wrote the post "Where Did You Meet Your Spouse". Here is an excerpt from the piece originally posted on November 5, 2014
I thought it would be fun to take a poll about where my friends met their spouses, and to put a spin on it what would it be like if they got married at that same location. The online conversation really took off and I got over 100 responses. 
Here is the question: 
If you got married in the exact place that you first met your spouse where would that be?  
And here are some of the answers:
On a football field sideline
A bar (she was the bartender by the way) 
At the mall on Black Friday
Sand volleyball courts
U-Scan at Kroger
9th Grade English Class
J Crew
That's just a handful, but there were plenty of people from my poll that had met at college, someone's house (through friends), or at church. It's not so much about WHERE you met your spouse it's HOW you met your spouse that tells the story...
That is where "How We Met" comes in. Here's a sneak peak at the couples that will be writing on Messy Mom this week. I'll share WHERE they met, but you'll have to come back for the rest of the series to find out HOW. 


       
                                     

Met in a Grad School classroom



       
                                     

Met at  preschool



                                                             

Met at the gym



                                                             

Met in his pick up truck in her driveway


Met in a parking lot


I cannot wait to hear from all these amazing couples and read each of their unique love stories.
Tomorrow kicks off my first guest post. 

 Happy Valentine's week everybody! 

6 comments:

Zion said...

Oh no! I just noticed I posted the wrong graphic. I guess the secret is out. I changed the series title from "where" we met to "How" we met. I can't change it now because I am not at home. Doh!

Zion said...

The post was edited. The old graphic said "Where We Met", but I fixed it! Looking forward to all the awesome posts this week. If you have your own love story on your blog, leave a link in the comments. I always love reading stuff like that.

{amy} said...

How fun!! And how did I never know that your parents met in a parking lot? Looking forward to reading the stories!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

This is SO fun! I love this series and am looking forward to reading more. My hubby and I met at our huge Summer company picnic - Chubby Checker was the entertainment! It was pretty cool - and a bit odd ;) We didn't have him play at our wedding though!

nancy from ky said...

Everyone loves a love story. Can't wait!

Kailei Pew said...

So glad to be a part of this!!