Saturday, February 14, 2015

How We Met Wrap Up



I have been so blessed this week to welcome 5 incredible couples onto my little space of the blogosphere. What a joy this valentine's series has turned out to be. After having never had a guest post before I learned a lot. It turns out it isn't as easy as just hitting publish. Totally worth all the effort though.

Now that we have seen the stories of how these couples met (or if you haven't you can click here to access all the links from this week) I wanted to share how I met them!





1. I met Karin 17 years ago in theater arts my freshmen year of high school. She has truly been one of the most inspirational people I have known. I mean that! Her passion is to serve the Lord and she has done that through mission trips, teaching low income ESL students, then moving to Slovakia for 3 years and teaching over there. After that she actually taught at a juvenile detention center and her students were minors who had committed a variety of the worst crimes you can think of. She couldn't even use a stapler because it was considered contriban. And now she is working towards starting a counciling center with her husband.

I love you Karin, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to blog here.






2. This introduction will be much shorter since I have only known Kailei for 2 weeks! We "met" via instagram. I read her story of meeting her sweetheart in preschool and I asked her if she would be interested in doing one of my first ever guest posts. She was so generous to pull everything together for me and share it with all of you.

Thank you so much Kaili. Everyone LOVED reading your story.







3. I have known Andrea for about 10 years now. You may recognize her from sharing Homeschool tips during my Lots of Hope in a Little Home series. Her younger sister is one of my best friends. I wanted to have married couples from all parts of marriage to submit stories and I had newly weds and then I had 25 + years, but the couple that I had scheduled to represent the that big gap between 1 and 25 years had to drop out at the last minute. I know Andrea and Mike had a neat story and I frantically asked her if she could fill in at the very last minute. She whipped something up in no time.

There has been such a positive response from everyone that read your story Andrea. I really appreciate you helping me out in a  pinch!







4. When I wrote my 31 day series on Teachable Parenting back in October I was connected with Jennifer Peppito. She was doing 31 days of Heavenly Mothering. Our topics very much complimented one another and we learned that our value systems and priorities for our families were a lot alike. Jennifer just wants to show Jesus to her family! It's been wonderful getting to know her over the past few months.

Thank you Jennifer for sharing your love story and testimony. You have  such a way with words and it was an honor to have you blog here this week. 





5. Last but not least, most of you already know this, but I didn't mention it directly on this blog. The man that wrote yesterdays story was MY DAD! He briefly mentioned his career as an artist, but if you have seen his work you would get the full effect. He's really good! Here is a painting he did for my brother's music studio using just a palette knife. 

And this was one he painted for my kitchen. I LOVE IT.

My mom on the other hand is creative, but her artistic endeavors stopped at stick figures. That's why I love the irony of the fact that when they met, she was trying to draw his truck!

Dad, your story (and mom's story) has touched many people and will continue to do so. Thanks again for letting me hassle you with emails, texts, and phone calls!




I know not everyone is a fan of hearing sappy love stories, but one thing that was so perfect about each of these five stories is that they were vulnerable. I never instructed anyone to mention "the hard parts of marriage" and yet they all did. They each admitted their struggles, and that God's grace is what has held them together. I hope this series was fun and uplifting, and I also hope no one missed the parts that acknowledge that marriage and relationships in general are tough. There is a process that sometimes can be painful to endure. It's hard work, or as Karin put it, the three legged race for life! It's amazing though when God is in the middle.

Happy Valentine's Day!  


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just loved this series! So neat to read how everyone's story was weaved together. YOU are the generous one, Natalie. If you hadn't asked me to write this, I never would have. It was so special to see the look on Mike's face as he read it. Fun for me to surprise him, so thank YOU. I look forward to future posts on The Messy Mom!
Love,
Andrea

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Such a fun and romantic series, I love you creativity! Thanks for keeping your blog fresh and fun!

Unknown said...

These are really fun to read! It's fun to hear other people's stories.

nancy from ky said...

I enjoyed the series. Nice to hear the ups and downs. I'm glad your Dad did the writing too.

{amy} said...

I enjoyed reading this series! I had hoped to finish reading these last night but had to pick Cody up from a friend's house. I'm glad I had time to finish them today! :)

RYC, Andrea's story was definitely similar to our experience with Mama Beth. I will always cherish our "dates" at the hospital with her!

I had also intended to reply to your comment about the designer who will be at SJ's school. Very cool!! I look forward to hearing all about that! And about establishing roots here...it didn't happen instantly, but it has happened! I have found some very authentic women here, and I am so grateful.