Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Family of Five

I can't really say how I feel being a family of five since it's only been two weeks and in that time I have been resting and recuperating. I've had lots of help around the house from both sets of grandparents, an aunt, and J handling all my normal mommy duties. It takes a team of adults to make up for me being on bed rest, what does that tell you? I am starting to slowly ease back into my normal routine and I'll have to report back in a couple more weeks.

 We have a little tradition where we do our first family snapshot in specific shirts. It started 5 years ago Z's shirt said birthday boy and mine said Super mom. J had a shirt that said dad to the bone but it shrunk.
 Two and a half years later we had SJ and a friend of mine got big brother little sister shirts for them. J and I wore the same shirts.

Another 2.5 years have gone by and J, Z and I all wore our shirts again! E got a little brother onesie from my friend Mels. SJ was the only one left and J and I found her big sister shirt on our baby moon.
 
It was really hard just to get the 3 of them sitting still for a half second, but I am hoping I will get some more sibling pictures soon.

2 comments:

{amy} said...

I love the shirt thing! :)

Rachel Moss said...

I would love to hear how you feel about becoming a family of 5 once you're back into your routine! Becoming a family of 4 was sooooo hard for me at first. I've always thought I wanted 3 kiddos, but I sure was questioning that thought a few months ago!
People with 3 or more kids tell me that the transition from 1 to 2 kids was the hardest for them. I sure am hoping that they're right!