Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Going to Town With Brown

I thought it would be fun to squeeze in one maternity edition of What I Wore Wednesday before it's back to squeezing into pants without elastic waste bands. So, I had a few snapshots taken of what I've been wearing during these final weeks of pregnancy

First off we have my baby shower ensemble which consists of a thrift store shirt and consignment shop boots. Along with two pairs of brown leggings. The double leggings is a little trick I picked up from Lindsey, the host of What I Wore Wednesday. She wore two pairs for extra warmth, but I thought it would also come in handy to avoid fashion faux pas, like see through leggings.


Next up is what I wore on my baby moon. I got this Old Navy maternity dress second hand from a friend and I paired it with a cardigan and wedge heels. I actually ditched the sweater and wore my hair down when my husband and I went to a concert that evening. The dress transitioned from day time to evening wear quite well actually.


I am usually super conservative when it comes to pictures in bathing suits, but there was an indoor pool at our hotel on our baby moon and I wanted to show how this Land's End swimsuit, which was a result of my postpartum swim suit challenge from 2 1/2 years ago, works so well as maternity suit too. Look at that belly!

Then finally we have a Liz Lang maternity dress which is yet another thrift find that I have had for many years. It's come in handy for many occasions, pregnant or not.




 Looking back at some of my favorite maternity ensembles and looking ahead to autumn I think it's safe to say 
I've got a thing for this color and I know it. I love me some brown. I'm not afraid to show it!

2 comments:

{amy} said...

Ha ha! I love brown, too! :)

P.S. I can't wait to read all about Ezra's birth!!

rebec33 said...

Beautiful!! That swimsuit looks great :)