Thursday, November 1, 2012

E's First Month


E was born October 1st at 10:35 pm... BLINK... here I am that same time a month later. That's how it feels, like the first month has happened in the blink of an eye. I know it's cliche', but it truly has gone by so much faster this time! Here is a list of little milestones. 
He now weighs 9 pounds 10 ounces. I was barely able to squeeze him into one of his newborn sleepers tonight, so it looks like he'll be wearing 0-3 months size starting now. 

He finally lost his umbilical stump at 3 weeks and so we were able to give him his first real bath.
 This happened to fall during the time that J's family were in town so there were 5 women doting over this little guy while his grandma washed him.


 He really likes the water! 


He even let them brush his hair


 His first holiday was Halloween. It's funny, I saved all of the kids costumes and now that I have a chance to reuse them (E could have worn Z's first costume which was a monkey) I would rather get to see them be something different.
At 4 weeks old he is still my little sleepy head. We gave him pacifier for the first time yesterday. He hasn't really needed one and it was for a really brief period while I was with SJ at her school. I've heard that 3rd borns tend to be the most easy going and so far this is true. Hey it was true for me. Right mom?

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Soooooooo sweet! I just love his little face and want to hold him so much!!!

{amy} said...

Aw! He's adorable in his little costume! I've heard that to be true of 3rd children, & it seems to be true of all the ones I know! Maybe they just have to be that way, since Mama's got her hands full? :)

TracyL26 said...

He is adorable!!! We'll be praying for your family Monday! SJ will do great (and so will you). So thankful God made children so resilient :)

Bill and Shelly said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog.
I remember well Allison's 1st implant surgery, what a scary and hopeful day. I still can't believe it has been almost 8 years since she was implanted.
It has been a long road, but the rewards of hearing her talk have been worth it all.
If I can be of any help to you, please let me know. I always found that it helped to have someone who has been there, done that when we started on this wonderful CI journey with Allison.
I pray that the surgery went well on Monday and look forward to reading about her activation day.

You have a beautiful family....God has blessed you.

Shelly

Bill and Shelly said...

Thank you for your comments on our blog.
It does not seem possible that it has been almost 8 years since Allison got her 1st implant. She has made amazing progress and I pray the same for your little girl.
If we can be of any help to you, please let us know. I found it was nice to have someone who has been there, done that when we started the wonderful journey on the CI road. I look forward to reading about your little girl's activation day. It is a scary but hopeful day.

You have a beautiful family...God has blessed you.