Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Comfort Tree

Before the new baby came I made a list of my top ten unnecessary items to bring to the hospital which was inspired by something I found on pinterest about what not to bring to the hospital


In the end, believe it or not, I did not regret bringing any of the items I put on that list, although the blanket and emergency delivery kit never made it out of the car because they were not needed (thank goodness). Many of the things on my list were items to help me feel relaxed during my first hospital birth. One of my favorite items was what I will call "The Comfort Tree". 


This was another pinterest inspired idea


I used paper clips and twine to hang inspiring pieces on the tree, which included a sonogram photo, some cards from friends, my sons artwork with a maternity photo pasted onto it, 


some knit booties, and the invitation from the baby shower. 


One of my FAVORITE parts of this project was that my kids helped. We used a mason jar that they had collected fireflies in all summer long (don't worry I washed it). The branch was one I found outside and it was held in place by some rocks my son collected. There was one for each family member and he colored them with chalk. 


 It was like a jar full of nature, friends, family, memories, and love. I was glad to have the tree at the birth. 








2 comments:

Hannah said...

Such a sweet idea! I love how detailed you are about everything :)

{amy} said...

It looks neat, and I love how each thing is special.