Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ezra's Birth Photography

It's been a tradition with each of my kids to put a compilation of photos from the pregnancy and birth together for a slideshow video. Early on in the pregnancy I started hunting for just the right song for this baby. I don't remember how it came to me, but there is a song called Lullaby that I listened to back in High School. The lyrics were perfect, but the music wasn't what I was looking for. So J learned the song and recorded it for this video. My sister in law graciously traveled an hour to be there as a support and as my photographer even though she doesn't have any photography experience. I had to have pictures though. Not only are there pictures from my birth, but as a photographer, and someone who views childbirth as a natural and beautiful experience it isn't that strange to me. I am really careful to make sure it is all tastefully done, believe me! Even then I have to remind myself that birth photography, although growing in popularity, is still considered weird to a lot of people. Then again so is midwifery and water birth, but I've never let any of that stop me. Anyway, enough rambling. Here is the much anticipated slideshow of Ezras' arrival.




Hospital: The Women's Hospital of St. Joseph's East
Midwife: Melissa Courtney
Song: Lullaby by All Star United
Song Performed by: My amazing husband  

1 comment:

{amy} said...

I love the slideshow, and I loved hearing J's voice again! I haven't heard him sing in a long time!