Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Big Blogtastic Announcement

Jump ahead to find links and a schedule to all my posts in this series HERE!. 




My mind started reeling when I read on Oh Amanda’s blog that The Nester has invited everyone to be a part of a 31 day challenge starting this month. The idea is to write on one topic for 31 days. I knew exactly what I wanted to write about, and I felt inspired and exillerated. I also knew that it was horrible timing. My baby is about to turn one (today is his birthday actually), and I am particpating in some focus group and research studies  in the next couple weeks, plus field trips and fundraisers. Not to mention I hate my blog format right now and would rather show up to the party after I’ve had a makeover. Lastly, I know that sometimes I get so excited about something that instead of preparing and doing it the right way, I just rush into doing it half way and end up being not so proud of it. 

That is why I am announcing that against all my better judgment, like a blog moth to the nesters flame, I AM going for it. I am taking on the 31 day challenge. Be forewarned I am not sure what to expect since I am jumping in at the last minute, but I am super excited! 

On The Nester's site she gives tips for writing 31 days and one of them said 

“You don’t have to be an expert on your topic. I want a topic that I can be where I am and talk about that– a topic I WANT to learn more about and be encouraged in.” 

That settled it. I am going write about living in a small space, because that is where I am. Sound the trumpets, I even had J throw together my first button. 

             

If you are thinking you won’t benefit from this series because you have a huge space or even an average one, guess what? You will still probably find some of the tips or glimpses of what I have to share to be helpful. If nothing else you might just be enlightened to see how a family of five fits into 800 square feet. It should be fun! Get ready for 

“Lots Of Hope In A Little Home” 


10 comments:

Jenna said...

Family of 5 in 800 square feet? Feeling very guilty right now for feeling squeezed in my 1100 feet with only three... can't wait to see how you do it!

Unknown said...

Ok a few things:

1. Sorry I'm blowing up your comments and commenting on all the things at once. My phone won't let me do it for some reason.

2. How much do you love ohamanda?

3. I am excited for your series! We live in a smaller house and I always struggle with being hospitable in a small space.

4. Fun button! How did he make it?

5. I follow some other blogs who are also doing the nester challenge. I want to, but I don't think I have 31 things to say about 1 topic. Plus I always blog something I'm thankful for each day in November. So blogging everyday for 2 months straight seems a little daunting.

Zion said...

No problem Lauren, I do love Oh Amanda! She is a wonderful awesome blogger and person. If I may brag ;) I've known her since children's church from when I lived in Atlanta! As far as the button, J is a street wise graphic designer so he does stuff like this and websites for churches and some companies. I am not sure how he does it, but he is good at it so I put him to work. I am hoping that if he ever gets the time he will be able to redo my whole website too.

Jean said...

I thought our space was small (4 in 1000 sq ft) but I think I'm going to be inspired by your series.

Unknown said...

Wait you KNOW OhAmanda? So jealous of her and you! :)

Anonymous said...

Against my better judgement I'm also participating in the 31 Days Series. I did it last year and had a blast and met a ton of neat bloggers and I didn't want to pass it up again. I used to live in 400 square feet and although our house is larger now, I look forward to hearing your tips. Happy 31 Days!

Unknown said...

Can not wait! I am so excited for you to do this series, and trust me, I am so not prepared or studied up on mine either!! This could be a train wreck, but oh well!

Unknown said...

Ah! I did it, I signed up! I'm so nervous. Thanks for the inspiration!

{amy} said...

How fun! I sometimes have trouble posting once a week, so there's no way I could post every day. Plus I'd have to find 31 songs relating to the same topic! Once again, the song thing makes it difficult! Unless I posted 31 songs... :)

{amy} said...

I decided to do it! Ah! Am I crazy?!

P.S. I forgot to tell you that the guys in band I posted on Saturday {for KING & COUNTRY} are Rebecca St James' brothers!