Saturday, October 12, 2013

The nursery

I talked about how we downsized our living room and cut back to just one couch for seating. Today I am just going to briefly share how we did the same thing with the nursery.

This was our son Z's nursery and that's not even half of it!

This is Ezie nursery.

The room is about 5x9 and as I said a couple days ago it does not have a door or a closet. If you lift up the crib skirt you will find some storage though. In fact if you look under anything in our apartment you will "find storage".

There is a story behind this nursery set that I wanted to share. Every time we have had a need in the midst of these challenging times the Lord has always provided and it's come together even when things look bleak. Last year when I was pregnant my friend sent me a message on Facebook asking if we needed crib bedding because she had a friend that was giving her set away. I said yes and shipped it from Atlanta along with this painted canvas. Everything was hand made, which I love and makes it all the more special. You have no idea what this meant to me as a pregnant woman that was dealing with guilt because I was so focused on my daughters diagnosis, therapy, surgery and everything else. I felt like I wasn't able to give much attention to the baby on the way and I certainly didn't have the means to do much, but our Father made sure he was taken care of. It's something simple and it's not even a necessity, but it means a lot to me. This is just another example of how we've found hope in our little home!


2 comments:

{amy} said...

I love when God provides like that!! He is so good.

TracyL26 said...

Looks great! Reminds me of Caleb's "room" (no door) in our condo after he moved out of our closet :)