1. I already posted the invitations
2. And the party favors for the kids
3. This banner was really special because it was made by my sister in law and sent all the way from Texas to Ohio just for us!
4. . We downloaded a campfire video with audio (found on youtube) and had it playing on our TV during the party. We also had camping chairs to sit in, which were both practical and decorative.
5. I found this camping cake idea online and put my own spin on it.
6. I had these one year photos of Ezie along with one year photos of his siblings, parents, grandfathers, and one great grandfather (1929)! The poem says
I'm a year old and looking real cute
sitting on a log in my flannel and boots
because because baby pictures are so much fun
Here's more of my family when they were all ONE!
and here is me, Z, and my dad pointing to our photos.
7. The kids room was transfomed into a "Fort Building Station" Most of the printables I used are form here.
8. The kitchen counter became a trail mix bar
8. The mason jars had thank you notes and photos of the birthday boy for the guest's party favors.
9. The birthday cake candle was a part of the campfire flame, it was really cool to see it have real fire and smoke!
10. Outside was a camping set for presents and drinks, but since it DID rain (thank goodness I nixed the original outdoor camping idea) we moved most of these items inside.
I hope this list is helpful to anyone looking for camping party ideas and that it is inspirational for those living in small spaces. You can decorate and celebrate in a little home!
This post is part of my 31 day series. Find more HERE.