Thursday, August 7, 2014

July's Conclusion

July was a fantastic month, but I was not sad to see it go because it had to make way for my August. Oh my dear beloved August. It's not a new season as far as weather is concerned, but it does bring a newness of sorts because at least where I come from August means it's time to get Back To School!

Now then, each week I've been sharing 6 boredom busters that helped keep us busy throughout the summer months. I'll admit, it's really nothing more than an online diary of stuff the family did and this week I don't have much to add. I can't quit now though, there are only two weeks left. 

Last Monday we were still in Michigan and so the first event I'll log is 

1. Hiking 

This is something we like to do year round, but summertime is included in that.


2. Craft Time

A long time ago I pinned this idea where you take a couple of empty tissue boxes, decorate them, and add a cut-up sponge for the toes to make dinosaur or monster feet. I don't know if ours turned out the way they were supposed to, but the kids enjoyed the project for sure.


3. Ice Cream 

When we picked up Z from the airport last week we headed straight to one of our favorite ice-cream parlors where they make little edible creatures. This is one of our favorite things to do as a family and going to get ice-cream is top of list of summer activities for us.


This was a place in Vermont, but I don't have a picture of the Ohio one.

4. Wheels 



We spent a good amount of time at my parents which is nice because the kids can play outside unlike at the apartment. They love riding bikes, pulling wagons, or pushing themselves around in tonka trucks. We are actually back here again this week and once again anything with wheels keeps them entertained for the majority of the day. 

5. Reading

Z has done multiple summer reading programs this year. He begs to read and to log onto the websites where he can record the titles and amount of time spent per book. One site is for the school and he will be entered in a drawing. He also got a free book from the Library as a reading reward. If I ever get around to it he will get one from Barnes and Noble too. Z loves to read anyway, so the incentives are just an added bonus. 


***


6. Pets

Back to my parents house, the kiddos have had a great time playing with animals this summer, especially the family dog and cats. I can never tell for sure how the animals feel about the kids, but they tolerate them and that's enough to keep the littles happy. 



I hope everyone else is enjoying these final days of summer. I know some people are dreading this next season, but I can't help but get giddy with delight when I think about it. Autumn is calling my name!

*** The snowman PJs might be the first clue, but I didn't take very many photos this week and so other than the craft project these are photos of the corresponding activities just not current from this week. 

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Again, you've done a great job at providing them with fun, memory-making opportunities! :)