Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cookie Cutter Whipped Topping



I love whipped cream. I would go as far as to say that I am notorious for my love of whipped cream. I am the kind of girl that will send a drink a drink back if it is lacking this garnish. I am timid and apologetic when I do so, but I will step out of my comfort zone and take action in every instance that this topping is missing. It embarrasses my husband, but I am that passionate about it.

A few years ago when I first started Pinterest I saw this idea to freeze cool whip and then use cookie cutters to create shapes to plop on top of your hot cocoa. I thought it was a fabulous way to add a little flare to something I already adored. It's really easy to do and kids love it! My only complaint is that it takes up a lot of freezer space so be prepared for that if you want to give this thing a shot.

All you need is a tub of cool whip and some cookie cutters that are the desired shaped AND small enough to fit in a coffee mug.

First off you will spread the cool whip about 2 inches thick along a cookie sheet. Then cover it with saran wrap and place it in the freezer until completely frozen solid (preferably over night).
Once that's done you just cut the shapes out like cookies and place it in your hot chocolate or drink of choice.







Take a photo because that's the only thing that is going to last with this little embellishment. Much like the snow cream recipe I shared yesterday, the cool whip melts fast so you have to be ready to complete the whole process quickly once you get going.

Lastly, I recommended adding a candy cane as a stir stick because it's cute and it adds nice flavor to the beverage.



That's all there is to it. It doesn't have to be a Christmas treat, but it is nice to try around this time of year because it is so festive. If you are looking to show off to friends at a party, entertain kids over Christmas break, or even just treat yourself to a cup of cheer, this cookie cutter whipped topping is sure to do the trick.

9 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a genius idea! I love it, and I'm with you… I love whipped cream :-) definitely going to make some of these for next match of hot cocoa which will likely be this weekend.

Susan said...

Everything (well, almost) is better with a little whipped cream!

Amanda said...

This is absolutely amazing! Will be pinning this at http://www.pinterest.com/Qoftwignberry/ as well as sharing it on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/queenofthelandoftwigsnberries

Tara Ulrich said...

Love this! So festive! I'm totally going to have to do this!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Oh this is so fun! I am going to have to make some of these up for our Holiday gatherings! Simple and elegant, what's not to love about that? Plus - Whipped Cream!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, so fun! I will have to do this for Christmas morning!

Barbara Deatherage said...

Love it! I am definitely going to do this for Christmas Eve.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea - and the children could even do it.

{amy} said...

What a great idea!! I'm totally doing this (when I have room in my freezer)!