Friday, December 5, 2014

The Easiest and Most Delicious Christmas Cookies



For day 1 of my 12 pinnacle days of Christmas I am sharing my favorite Christmas cookie. 
Everyone needs to try this recipe! 


Their photo is so much prettier than mine. Sorry, I didn't have time to pull out my SLR and arrange a photo session this time. 

I first discovered it from Six Sisters' Stuff via pinterest. They are so easy to make. I have the recipe memorized because it only takes 4 ingredients. 

You will Need 
1 Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 package of Andes Mints* 
Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs together. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes. 
Immediately place an Andes Mint on top of each cookie and spread it around as the mint melts. 

* I tried using Godiva chocolate squares and that was really delicious too. I even used the kind with raspberry filling, so if mint isn't your thing you can modify with just about any chocolate candy. 



I have also made these cookies using Andes Holiday Squares, which I found at the grocery store.



 It just made the cookies that much more festive. 



You can use the holiday candy version to create the chocolate frosting, shown on the left in the photo below. Or if wait and let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes then you can place the chocolate on top and just push it down on the sides with a spoon to leave the decorative design shown on the right.



I have brought these cookies to parties, given them away as gifts with recipe included (that was a hit), and just made them for myself, because why not? 

That's my favorite Christmas Cookie recipe, and you can also find it over at GraceTable.org for the virtual Christmas Cookie exchange.  



What's your favorite Christmas Cookie? 

10 comments:

Barbara Deatherage said...

Wow, these sound great and really easy! Thanks for sharing!

blestbutstrest said...

Yum! These look divine :)

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Oh my - those look easy and delicious - and dangerous! I may make these for a Christmas party next week! Thanks so much!

Jen @ Growing in Faith said...

If I didn't already have a cookie selected for our office cookie exchange, I would definitely make these. YUM!

Susan said...

Yum-O!!!

Unknown said...

This is a favorite recipe at our place too! I love cake mix cookies. I shared 20 different varieties from that one recipe on my blog in the same link up. But chocolate mint is my favorite Christmas flavor!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love this series! My friend, who is a photographer trades me six dozen cookies for my holiday cards every year. I always am on the lookout for new and relatively easy options. I am definitely going to make these, thanks for sharing, can't wait to see what you have next 😄

{amy} said...

These sound delicious! I'm definitely going to make these. I signed up to make some cookies for the staff at school next week, so I might need to double it so there's enough for us! :)

Mels said...

These cookies are awesome and so easy! Thanks for the recipe. Seeing that I accidentally bought a box of brownies instead of cake mix, I went ahead and used that instead. I cut the vegetable oil down to 1/4 cup, added 3/4 c flour plus 3 Tbs water. Then I added 2 eggs just like the recipe called for! These turned out perfect:). Haha!
Okay, so I'm kidding, except that I'm not and that really did happen, but I've got a Devil's Food Mix now and these bad boys are getting ready to hit the oven. Following the actual recipe of course. Hope your family Christmas went well today!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I made these over the weekend and they were a huge hit! Everyone loved them and they are so easy, moist and delicious! Thank you :)