Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Reaunion Threads

Last Saturday was the much anticipated Midlothian High School class of 2001 ten year reunion. The truth is, what you wear to your class reunion is one of the most important wardrobe decision you will ever make, other than your wedding day and maybe a walk down the red carpet. I had a couple different dresses I thought could work, but when they announced that the venue for the reunion had been changed, they also announced that it would be "casual" attire. I wasn't exactly sure if they meant casual like your favorite team jersey and a pair jeans, or casual as in NOT a floor length evening gown. I made a few emergency phone calls the day of the reunion and got the impression that casual cocktail dress was the way to go. This was my first chance to wear this little number that I picked up at the Gap clearance center in Kentucky.
Thank you hubby for taking pictures of the back of my dress so that people could see the adorable buttons.

Then there are the Nicole shoes I got forever ago at Ross.

The necklace was Charming Charlie clearance. I wish it was more bronze, but it worked.


This entire ensemble was under $30 for e-ver-y-thing. That's less than what it cost for me to get into the reunion. I definitely feel like I got my moneys worth. Go Panthers.


This post is linked up to What I Wore Wednesday over at the Pleated Poppy.


6 comments:

{amy} said...

It looks great! Way to go on the inexpensive threads! I think it turned out perfect!! Our reunions are every 5 years and much less formal, but I always want to wear the perfect outfit!

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Very cute dress - perfect for a reunion!

Nancy said...

Cute outfit! I went to my 20 year reunion this summer. Good times. A little weird. but still fun. Midlothian,TX??? I have friends that live there. Small world. Happy day to you. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Nicole Feliciano said...

Agree on reunion garb--especially if there will be an ex on hand. Love the dress! I hope you'll take your fab style on over to Momtrends, we co-host a fashion party called Monday Mingle every week--fashion, fun and giveaways!

http://www.momtrends.com/2011/09/monday-mingle/

momstheword said...

Adorable dress and you got a great deal! I still remember what I wore to my 10th year reunion (because I agonized over finding something to wear, lol!), and I also remember thinking that some people were waaaaay over dressed, haha!

Anonymous said...

you wore it well! :)