Friday, April 3, 2015

Coming This Mother's Day

I have given hints and teasers over the past few months about some changes taking place here at MessyMom.com and this weekend things are starting to get real.

Part of the secret I've been keeping is that I will be doing a welcome video for Messy Mom. I dreamt up the script and wrote a rough draft a looong time ago, but the timing has never been right. It still isn't perfect, but it never will be and my brother is just amazing in the way he really takes action and helps me pursue my creative endeavors. If it weren't for him I really would never do it. He is a professional videographer and will be co-directing, shooting, and editing the entire project. I am a little bit nervous and still somewhat in shock that this is actually happening! I am definitely happy though.  

My other brother is going to be helping me by converting my website and I don't have that on the calendar just yet, but it will be soon. We even had a brainstorming session this week where we talked about the vision and direction for Messy Mom and also a book idea. That's right. I am writing a book. More details on that later. 

I've got videographer on one side and a web designer on the other, both eager to help me. It's every bloggers dream. 


I am truly the luckiest sister in the world! 



From left to right: My dad, my husband, me, my brothers Jeremy, and Brandon.
This photo really says it all. We love art, design, technology,
 and yes we do love our Mac Book Pros (except this photo is over 8 years old!)

My GOAL is to have everything launched on Mother's Day which is May 10. That's only a month away. It may not be possible, but I am not going to cry and give up if that doesn't happen. My backup deadline is my birthday (June 27th). Or maybe it will just be a random wild card day. I am a planner, but I am also realistic and flexible when it comes to execution. 

 If you aren't already following me on social media than you need to, because I'll be posting behind the scenes updates as we go through the whole creative movie making process. 


Catch me this weekend on Facebook, instagram, and twitter. Otherwise I'll see you back here on Monday! 
Have a Happy Easter Everyone. 

7 comments:

TracyL26 said...

That is wonderful news!!!! I can't wait to see the video, see the changes on the website and hear more about your book! You are allowing God to use you and He will do great things through you to further His kingdom :)

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Very exciting and you are doing a fantastic job! How cool to have all these helpers in the family too! Looking forward to the launch!

Barbara Deatherage said...

Congratulations - sounds exciting and how lucky you are to have so much technical support behind you!

blestbutstrest said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you have some awesome help and great plans :). I look forward to seeing the results!

Unknown said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see what changes are coming! I followed you on instagram! :) For how well connected I thought we were I'm glad we closed some loops today! ;)

{amy} said...

How exciting!! I love that you have so much support! One day, I'll look back and say, "I knew her when..." :)

sarah may said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear updates!