Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rings and Things

I have 2 weeks until my 10 year anniversary and I really do feel like I am planning for a real wedding except without all the pressure of having to pull off a huge, once in a life time event for hundreds of people. As I mentioned yesterday we got our new wedding rings in. They came on the same day even though they were order separately. It's as if they wanted to be together (I know I'm cheesy, I can't help myself). We both were at home when they arrived and so we opened the tiny packages together, with the anticipation of children on Christmas morning. They are each really unique. J's is silver and black.

Mine is silver with a white topaz stone.

It was my first time shopping on Etsy, but not my last. It's been a great experience.

Other than that yesterday pastor called to see what we wanted to do for our vows. Good question! I am not sure what we are going to do yet since it is a vow renewal ceremony and not traditional vows. Let me know if you have any ideas. Today I got confirmation on the violinist that is going to play during the ceremony. The invitations are sent, the cake topper is in, and things are really falling into place.

I am so grateful for all the friends and family that are helping to make this dream come true (again!) and I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

They are lovely! It's pretty cool you found them on ETSY.

{amy} said...

How exciting! The rings are beautiful!! I absolutely LOVE Etsy! I'm glad you had a good experience!

I've only been to a couple of vow renewal ceremonies, but I think it's nice when you say something about how much God has done in both of you in the 10 years that you've been married, how much closer you are & how much more in love, etc.

Speaking of weddings, I'm going to one tomorrow & need a little help making a decision on the dress. I think you've seen me in both (@ Cassie's & Kristin's weddings), though you were a little busy taking pics! Anyways, if you get a chance, please head over to my blog & give your opinion! Thank you! ;)