Saturday, October 30, 2010

ART FEST

Today was the much anticipated art festival at our church's coffee shop. It was from 10:30-10:30 on 10/30. It was an explosion of every kind of art presented and celebrated by the community. There were two stages of ongoing live music indoor and outdoor. There were photographs like these,


which are couple examples of what I submitted. Along with drawings, paintings (several created live on the spot) and some sculpture, like this ceramic penguin I bought from my friend's sister.

There was also poetry, jewelry, and an art corner for the kids. Z spent most of his time painting and I know I am his mom but I was actually really impressed with his creativity. maybe he'll take after some of my family in their artistic abilities.


Jeremy and I were both wearing shirts that he designed for the promotion of the event.

Z and SJ also had on guitar shirts so we all matched.


I wanted a family photo, but we were never all "available" at the same time, so this was the best I could do.

It was an exhausting day, but a really fun one. Not only did I make some new friends, but I left with quite a bit of inspiration.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

How neat! I'm glad it turned out so great!