Monday, November 1, 2010

Costumes

I've been planning for Halloween costumes for a while now, but it didn't fall into place quite as easily as I thought it would. It's hard to find a decent Woody hat for under twenty bucks, but I found one online for $13.00, and it came with a bandanna, belt, and gun holster. My mom made the vest which is the same one he wore on cow appreciation day. I got the sheriff badge and gun at the dollar store, we borrowed the boots, and he already had jeans and a yellow plaid shirt. With shipping we still came in under twenty dollars. He asked to wear his costume again today so I have a feeling we'll be getting some more use out of it.


We had all kinds of ideas for SJ, but they all fell through and about 10 days before Halloween I went to Babies R Us where I got a great deal on Z's dinosaur costume last year. At first I was worried that I had arrived too late because I didn't see any costumes anywhere until one of the cashiers showed me where they were and informed me that the already low clearance prices were 50% off. That meant that this $7 Disney princess for $3.50. Since the prices were so low I picked a cow costume for Chic Fil A next year while I was at it.


I shared these photos on Facebook this morning,


but I took tons just to get a decent shot. These pumpkins were real troopers.




2 comments:

{amy} said...

Cute! & what great deals you got, too!!

Becky said...

Great pics! That little princess outfit is killing me, so cute!