Monday, November 22, 2010

Food With Friends


Tonight we had some friends over that are moving out of state in about a week (thus the reason for the posed shot shown above). I made my favorite recipe, Cranberry chicken with mashed potatoes, asparagus, and french bread. This is the perfect holiday dish! It has things like cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in it. Our guest described it as "eating Christmas". I have to make it with mashed potatoes too because all the extra cranberry gravy goes great with the potatoes.

J even made some guacamole and chips to snack on while we were cooking, because we just like food THAT much. Our friends brought brownies and ice cream for dessert. I am so stuffed, but I am just getting primed for the big meal that will be here in a couple days.

Today I am thankful for good food and good friends.

Oh, and for anyone interested here is a link to the cranberry chicken recipe.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Food with friends is a good thing! We had dinner last night with some old friends from our CFNI days! Good times!