Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Kids

The kids have both been doing so many new things here recently that I have wanted to write down or blog about and I have made a mental note to do so. Today I put them in their "wedding" clothes because I wanted to get some pictures before they grew out of them. SJ already has, I didn't even button her dress all the way up so that she would have more room.

A stranger once told me that going from one kid to two is more than twice the work and she was right. It's like the synergy concept, but in a counterproductive way. Then I read something the other day on From Texas to Ethiopia. When someone told her she looked like she had her hands full (referring to her 4 children including newly adopted baby from Ethiopia) she said "Better full than empty".

Some people are single, some people have no children, others have 12 and it's all great, but for me personally the experience of having children (plural) is as good as gets.

I love seeing how different they are.


I love watching them interact.


I love how they love each other.


I love my kids.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures! N.L.W.

Daddy-O said...

I agree. I always said that about our children. Even as adults now it is fun to see the differences and how God moves in each of them differently. And then there is the grandkids!

{amy} said...

Aw, too cute! I miss my kids being this size! I love how different they are, too. I only wish they would still interact with each other the way Z & SJ are doing in these pics!