Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Obvious

This week I am going to try and write about some things that I am thankful for. I know, I know. It is Thanksgiving week and talking about thankfulness is such an obvious choice, but aren't you thankful for the obvious sometimes? I am.

Today SJ wore some adorable boots that I found at a thrift store.


She always gets tons of compliments on them. She doesn't seem to care all that much, but until the girl can appreciate the fashion praises, I will accept them for her.

I have had a weakness for baby shoes long before I ever even cared about a baby, but the truth is they are not the most practical things. By the end of the day the boots were in her car seat with her, BUT no longer on her feet. I was hitting up some local drugstores hoping to get some of the Sunday deals when I realized that one of the boots was missing! After making my transaction (it was 2 dove bars, some Excedrin and Advil PM for 49 cents and $3 extra bucks in return) I back tracked to Walgreen's hoping to find the missing boot. I said a little prayer, told myself it's no big deal, and tried not to be too sad. It wasn't in the parking lot, but it WAS in one of the shopping carts inside the store. YEA!

So, today I am thankful for good finds. That could mean some used baby boots that looked like they were never worn, or some Dove chocolate bars on clearance for 25 cents, or finding something you lost that you really loved. Have you had any good finds lately?

1 comment:

{amy} said...

I love good finds, but I haven't really gotten any lately! I'm hoping to find some good deals on Christmas gifts, though!