Friday, November 26, 2010

My Friday Socks

I really hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving. I know I did. We ate all the good thanksgivey stuff followed by watching football and lounging around. Eventually we played a huge 14 person game of Hand and Foot, followed by some Guitar Hero. At around 2:30am I put on my Friday socks* and a comfy pair of shoes so that J and I could head out for some black Friday madness. It went something like this-

3:00 am- Door busters at Kohl's
3:30 am- Get in line at Kohl's while J still shops around
4:45 am- Check out and save $98.00!!!
5:00 am- Stop in for some Lattes and a pumpkin scone at Starbucks
5:30 am- Arrive at mall
5:35 am- Purchase at JC Penney's
6:30 am- Purchase at Sears
7:30 am- Purchase at Macy's
8:00 am- Depart from the mall
9:00 am- Dutch Babies** at Ol' South
10:30 am- Crash at J's sister's house.

It was one of the best mornings ever. I really am thankful for my wild and crazy husband. It was his idea to do Black Friday in the first place. He is such a techy shopper. He had an app were he could search all the deals ahead of time online compile a list of which ones he wanted to check out and what items he wanted to get. He also took pics of some of the fliers he flipped through the night before, he used this once to show an employee exactly what he was looking for. We went forth with a plan and we conquered! Pretty much all the Christmas shopping is done, just like that.

Did anyone else brave the stores this weekend?

*I own a set of brightly colored days of week socks. They were on clearance at Target, don't judge.
**Dutch babies are similar to Crepes. J and I LOVE the ones they make at Ol' South. if you haven't been there to try a Dutch Baby you must go!

2 comments:

{amy} said...

Wow! It sounds like you accomplished a lot today! I've got to get busy with my shopping. I've usually done MUCH more by now!

Daddy-O said...

That's my boy! Hunt it down, kill it, and drag it home. That's the way to shop! :-)